KySat-2 will be equipped with an Astronautical Development Lithium 1 UHF Radio. As a receiver, the radio will receive RF signals from antennas and filter out the information. As a transmitter, the radio will receive data from the C&DH and transmit it out as RF signals. Communications with the C&DH will be performed using the UART protocol. The radio will be directly connected to battery for transmitter and require 3.3V power from the EPS. The antennas on the KySat-2 will have circular polarization to provide a constant RF signal despite satellite orientation.
KySat-2Tweets von @"KySat2"
KySat-2 Blogs from kentuckyspace.com
- “K2 Tuesday” – Flight model functional testing
- Video: KySat-2 “Day in the Life” testing
- KySat-2 features 3D printed parts
- Pic: KySat2 engineering model nearing completion
- Wiring up the engineering model: KySat-2 on the bench
- “K2 Tuesday” – Mounted solar panel and panel deployment pics
- “K2 Tuesdays” – Parts and pieces and a license to transmit