Goals: The purpose of the Command and Data Handling (C&DH) board is to command the subsystems of KySat-2. This includes commanding the Beagle Board to perform Earth and Star imaging operations, commanding radio to beacon, transmit data, and change settings, and comanding EPS to power on/off the Beagle Board. The C&DH is also responsible for data collection and storage from the Beagle Board, gyroscope and magnetometer. It will also receive ground commands from the radio. The design philosophy of the C&DH is to utilize a distributed architecture that splits interfacing and processing into two separate functions. The processing core of the C&DH interprets ground commands and schedules actions, whereas small form-factor, low power-consumption microcontrollers are responsible for communicating with the satellite’s other subsystems.
- Must comply with Kentucky Space, CubeSat Standard, and ELaNa program requirements.
- Weight of less than 112 grams.
- Less than 600mW power required.
- Mounting holes located 76 mm apart.
- No larger than 97 mm in the X axis.
- No larger the 85 mm in the Y axis to allow for cabling.
- Must include connectors that interface with subsystems.
- 5V rail from EPS to C&DH
C&DH to EPS
C&DH to Radio (Samtec TFM-105-02)
C&DH to Image Processing Unit (Samtec TFM-105-02)
Must involve a level shifter
C&DH to Programming Board (Samtec EHT-125-01-S-D-SM-LC)