Orbital missions are free-flying spacecraft that orbit Earth at various altitudes and communicate over a range of wireless frequencies to complete their mission. Orbits typically range from LEO(Low Earth Orbit) at altitudes of 100-1,240 miles, to HEO(High Earth Orbit) at altitudes up to 22,236miles. Objects in LEO, where the Space Systems Lab typically works, traverse the sky at around 18,000 mph.
KySat-2Tweets von @"KySat2"
KySat-2 Blogs from kentuckyspace.com
- “K2 Tuesday” – Flight model functional testing
- Video: KySat-2 “Day in the Life” testing
- KySat-2 features 3D printed parts
- Pic: KySat2 engineering model nearing completion
- Wiring up the engineering model: KySat-2 on the bench
- “K2 Tuesday” – Mounted solar panel and panel deployment pics
- “K2 Tuesdays” – Parts and pieces and a license to transmit